Red Star All Natural Active Dry Yeast
( PRODUCT CODE #15850 )
Red Star® Natural Active Dry Yeast is a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Once the propagation of the yeast is complete, the product is washed three times with potable water to remove any remnants of the growth media. The strain of yeast used has
been obtained from nature, and has not been genetically modified. The moisture is removed in such a way that cell viability and leavening power are retained. This results in a granular form of yeast. This “Natural” product is unique in that no processing aids or
preservatives are used at the time of drying.
1. Optimum yeast performance and product quality.
2. Vacuum packaging ensures freshness, consistency,
and minimal activity loss until opened.
3. 50 lb. packages are convenient for large mixers.
4. Unopened, Red Star® Natural Active Dry Yeast
packages need no refrigeration.
5. Consistent activity.
Red Star® Natural Active Dry Yeast can be used in all yeast-leavened goods with either straight or sponge doughs. It is an organic product. Yeast should be rehydrated with a minimum of 3.5 to 4.0 times its weight in water at 38-43°C.(100-110°F.).
* Red Star® Natural Active Dry Yeast is acceptable for use in organic certified products. Red Star® Natural Active Dry Yeast:
* is not a genetically modified organism, contains no GMO enzymes,
* has not been solvent-extracted, synthetically preserved or irradiated, and
* does not contain artificial flavors or colors.
This product complies with NOP regulation205.605(a)(20) and with 7 CFR 205.301(c)
Red Star® Natural Active Dry Yeast is Kosher certified.
• 50 lb. vacuum foil
Product Code 15850
• Shelf life of unopened product is 18 months at room
• Refrigeration is not required, but best stored under
refrigeration at 45ºF.
• Allow product to temper to room temperature prior to
rehydration and use.
• Once opened, keep package tightly closed to hold
moisture pickup to a minimum and store in a
Lesaffre gives you the broadest line of bakers dry yeast and dough conditioners in the baking industry and backs it with an experienced technical staff. Our Bakers Hotline is available for your questions: (414) 615-4094.